1) How do I book a vehicle with Piggy Packers Rentals?
Firstly, get a quote online (simply enter your dates, in the quote box), by email ([email protected]) or call us on 04 237 9970.
2) What are the Driver Licensing requirements for hiring vehicles?
You must be aged between 21 and 70 years of age, and hold a full drivers licence for the class of vehicle you wish to hire.
3) Do I have to bring my drivers licence with me?
Yes, we are legally obliged to view your Drivers Licence every hire, whether you are a casual or regular hirer.
4) Can I drive on my overseas driver’s license?
We accept full valid driver’s licenses from most countries. International driving licenses are accepted.
5) How far in advance do I need to book my rental car?
It is recommended you book your Piggy Packers vehicle as early as possible regardless of the time of year you are travelling. Booking early ensures you receive your preferred vehicle group and enables you to plan the rest of your trip.
6) Are there trucks/vans available with automatic transmission?
Yes. We have vans and trucks with both automatic or manual transmission. Bookings are essential.
7) What do your rates include?
Piggy Packers Rentals (2017) Ltd has no hidden fees. Our prices are in New Zealand dollars ($), and include Goods and Services Tax (GST). Our insurance is subject to an excess. Insurance is a component of motor vehicle rentals, our customer service staff will be happy to advise on an individual basis.
8) Does Piggy Packers offer insurance to cover damage to or loss of the vehicle?
Yes. This insurance is included in the cost of the hire. Vehicles are covered by full comprehensive insurance with an excess payable. An excess buy-down option is also available to reduce your excess for an additional daily charge.
9) Does Piggy Packers offer insurance to cover damage to or loss of personal belongings?
No. This is your responsibility.
10) How do I pay for my hire? And can I have a receipt?
Payment is to be made at the commencement of the hire. We will gladly accept Cash, EFTPOS, Visa, or MasterCard. A copy of the contract is given to you at the time of hire and will show what method of payment you used. Upon completion of the hire we can issue you an invoice for tax purposes.
11) Do I need to pay a bond?
Yes a bond is payable to secure your booking. We will let you know the details of this bond and how to pay it at the time of booking.
12) Does hire cost include fuel?
Vehicles are supplied with fuel. If not returned at the same level, additional charges will apply.
13) Does the kilometre rate include fuel?
No, fuel charges are additional.
14) What happens if I change moving dates?
Simply call us in advance and we’ll make every effort to accommodate your needs.
15) I’m moving house/flats, what size vehicle do I need?
1 Bedroom House = Light Truck (12M3)
2 Bedroom House = Medium Truck (16M3)
3 Bedroom House = Large Truck (18M3)
4 Bedroom House = Large Truck (20M3)
16) Can I return a vehicle after hours?
Yes, after hours returns can be accommodated by arrangement. Talk to us at the time of booking to make these arrangements.
17) Do you do one way hires?
No, the vehicle must be returned to the location it was hired from.
18) What is Piggy Packer Rentals (2017) Ltd cancellation policy or if I cancel my hire after booking what are the procedures?
Cancelled 7+ days prior to pickup date: full refund of deposit paid.
Cancelled within 7 days or no show: no refund.
If vehicle is returned early for any reason whatsoever No refund available.
19) Do I get a refund if I return early?
No, if you return your vehicle before the time stated on your contract, no refund applies. Our rates are always specific to a particular time period and are quoted based on your intended travel.
20) Can I extend my hire?
We do require a phone call – if the vehicle is available we may be able to extend the hire for you.
21) What do I do if I have an accident?
Ensure all damage and accidents are reported to Piggy Packers Rentals (2017) Ltd by phone on the day it happens. In the event of an accident fill in the Accident Form supplied to you on the back side of your Rental Agreement. This will prompt you to give us the correct information that we need. You will also have to complete the relevant insurance forms with our staff on your return. We do not guarantee to replace your vehicle if you are liable for the accident.
22) Do I have to pay the excess if someone crashes into me?
Yes, In any instance when an accident occurs you are initially liable for the excess until the Police / Insurance company decide where the liability lies. If you are found not to be liable we will refund the excess.
23) Is Piggy Packers Rentals (2017) Ltd open on public holidays?
Piggy Packers Rentals (2017) Ltd is closed on all public holidays. Pickups on these days may be available on request. A fee may be charged.
24) What are Piggy Packers Rentals (2017) Ltd opening hours?
Our rental offices are generally open from 8.00am to 5:00pm. This may vary. Pickups outside these hours are available on request.
25) Are there any roads I cannot drive on? Can I drive off road or on the beach?
You cannot operate the vehicle on any of the following roads:- Ninety Mile Beach or any beach, Ball Hutt Road (Mt Cook), Crown Range Road (Queenstown), Highway 89 Skippers Road (Queenstown), all public and private access roads to.
Do not drive any of our vehicles off road or onto any New Zealand beaches. Penalties up to $2500 apply.
26) Am I covered in the unlikely event of a breakdown?
Piggy Packers Rentals (2017) Ltd uses the NZ Roadside Assistance Breakdown Service which is available throughout New Zealand. We have our own freephone number which you can call for assistance should you encounter any problems.
27) Will my van have a CD player?
Most Piggy Packers Rentals (2017) Ltd passenger vans have CD players. If a CD player is a must for you, let us know at the time of booking and we will do our best to accommodate.
28) Can I request a certain make/model?
Piggy Packers Rentals (2017) Ltd will note any requests for vehicle models or body styles and we will do our best to provide such a vehicle.
29) Can I smoke in the car?
For the comfort of all our customers we encourage NO SMOKING (or vaping) in all of our vehicles. A valet charge will apply, minimum $200.